Thursday 12 February 2015

PROVIDENTIAL PROTECTION AND HOW WE OFTEN DON'T REALIZE IT


Listening to the news each day can make a person feel paranoid. From auto accidents to murders, we're bombarded with tragedies. I know of one case where the news made one woman so paranoid of being spied on and stolen from that it sent her to a mental hospital. Doubtless, you might know of similar cases.

I'm a slow learner when it comes to spiritual matters. Even so, I now understand the wonder and beauty of God's providence. Even a casual look back on my life shows how things could have been much worse.

When I was a security guard working the night shift, I was awakened by a house inspector who needed to measure the room I rented. He noticed that my headphone cord had fallen across the space heater and was beginning to melt. Had he, a fellow Christian, not come that day, I might have died in the resulting fire.

In February of 1981, another act of God's providence happened. I was hired by the federal government and stayed employed with them for fourteen years. The resulting pension I earned helps me live a comfortable life today.

Likewise, the equalization lump sum payment from the government in 2000 allowed me to buy a house in a small rural hamlet and put in a septic field. I have the perfect place to write, all due to the heavenly Father's awesome guidance of events.

No more will I fall for the faith teachers and their name-it-and-claim-it doctrine. God knows what is best for us and he works through providence to preserve us. And even when bad things happen, he makes good come out of it.

I wrote in How I Was Razed how I learned to trust God's providence rather than trying to work up my faith so I could received miracles. I feel so much happier as a result. Check out  my book at Amazon page for details.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.